- Better security - all your content remains inside your firewall
- More interaction, better performance, no web-browser limitations, and a comparable upgrade time.
Better security - all your content remains inside your firewall
Small teams are rarely geographically spread out. Their needs for DAM as SAAS (software-as-a-service) is minimal, but a desktop-based local DAM will ensure that all private content remains inside a team’s firewall. Teams will not be dependant on their internet or service provider, and they will have immediate access to their assets. This reduces the risk of lost content or having sensitive data stolen.
More interactive, better performance, no web-browser limitations
A desktop-based solution can be more interactive than a web-browser based solution, all the while maintaining optimum perfomance. In addtion, users will have access to the following features:
- Access to local clipboard (copy/paste)
- Support for two or more monitors
- Integration with third-party local systems like InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, MS Office, AutoCAD, etc...
Comparable upgrade time
Web-based solutions can be upgraded faster than desktop-based solutions (with desktop clients). But small teams run a smaller number of PCs. Thus, upgrade speed differences are minimal. That’s in addition to the many other advantages like better performance, data safety, and integration with your local computing system.