On this Server release we've added support for direct links and fixed a lot of bugs.
We were in a hurry to release a new version today , so there is a minor workaround might be necessary if you need to import files from an external NAS or a PC with shared folders:
- Please install Daminion Server
- Then open the Services window
- Locate and double click on the DaminionServerService
- Switch to Log On page and check Log On as:
- Locate a user with permissions to locate/read/write to your external folders
- Enter password to your account and click OK
Now Daminion Server will have an access to share folders across your network.
We'll add this functionality to the installer a bit later.
It's too late now (21:33) and I am bit tired so during a few days we'll publish a description of the changes in a new Daminion version(s).
Look forward to hearing your feedback!