• You cannot reply to this topic

User is offline miklos 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:13 PM (#1)

AD Groups-Daminion Role

Hi,
In the new version (build 1562)if I define admin roles to domain admins and guest role to domain users, it works well in the desktop client but in the web client the member of domain admin gets only guest role.
Is it a bug?

Thanks
Miklos

User is offline miklos 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:45 PM (#2)

View Postmiklos, on 16 December 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

Hi,
In the new version (build 1562)if I define admin roles to domain admins and guest role to domain users, it works well in the desktop client but in the web client the member of domain admin gets only guest role.
Is it a bug?

Thanks
Miklos

Let me refine the situation:
"user1" is the member "DOMAIN ADMINS" group AND the "domain users" group as well.

In desktop client the "winner" is the "domain admins" membership while in the web client the winner is the "domain users" groups' role.

Cheers
Miklos

User is offline Daria 

• Silver Member
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 16 December 2016 - 06:55 PM (#3)

Hi Miklos,

sorry, I cannot reproduce the issue. In both cases the winner is Admin (users are added only per server basis). In the screen-shot Murat is the member of both Daminion Admin and Daminion Guest
Attached Image: miklos.png

Regards,
Daria

User is offline Alexey Syukosev 

• Daminion Team
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:27 PM (#4)

The most important thing when you define Active Directory groups to Daminion Roles - you must not use groups that intersect each other. We use Windows buil-in features to detect Active Directory group to map it to Daminion Role. Daminion Server will get first Active Directory group and map it Daminion Role, so sometimes described issues will occur.
Daminion Team
LinkedIn
Facebook

User is offline miklos 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:44 PM (#5)

View PostAlexey Syukosev, on 19 January 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

The most important thing when you define Active Directory groups to Daminion Roles - you must not use groups that intersect each other. We use Windows buil-in features to detect Active Directory group to map it to Daminion Role. Daminion Server will get first Active Directory group and map it Daminion Role, so sometimes described issues will occur.

OK, thanks
Miklos

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users