• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

User is offline Frank_H 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:05 PM (#1)

Selecting GeoTagged files from Map

From the map in Daminion, is there a way to select several mapped points via a rectangular mouse selection? I would like to highlight and then display the pictures after making a rectangular selection with the mouse.

I don't see a way to make a change to a selection mode. When I try and drag the mouse on the map, it just moves the mouse.

Thanks.

Frank

User is offline Daria 

• Bronze Member
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:23 AM (#2)

View PostFrank_H, on 15 May 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

From the map in Daminion, is there a way to select several mapped points via a rectangular mouse selection? I would like to highlight and then display the pictures after making a rectangular selection with the mouse.

I don't see a way to make a change to a selection mode. When I try and drag the mouse on the map, it just moves the mouse.

Thanks.

Frank

Hi Frank,

Unfortunately, there is no way to display images on the map within rectangular. However, you can zoom your map to some map pins and click the option "Show all items in this view"

Would it work for you?
Attached Image: 2017-05-16_132129.jpg
Attached Image: 1111.jpg

Daria

User is online Juha 

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:04 AM (#3)

Hi,

Another way of doing this is to move the images from the selected markers into the tray and then operate on the images in the tray.

-Juha

User is offline Frank_H 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:28 PM (#4)

View PostDaria, on 16 May 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

Hi Frank,

Unfortunately, there is no way to display images on the map within rectangular. However, you can zoom your map to some map pins and click the option "Show all items in this view"

Would it work for you?
2017-05-16_132129.jpg
1111.jpg

Daria

I was hoping not work on each pinned area one at a time. I was hoping that if I selected multiple pins in an area, I could then work on all of the photos that had been selected.

Frank Hahn

User is offline Frank_H 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:29 PM (#5)

View PostJuha, on 16 May 2017 - 11:04 AM, said:

Hi,

Another way of doing this is to move the images from the selected markers into the tray and then operate on the images in the tray.

-Juha

Thanks for the suggestion, I will give that a try.

Frank Hahn

User is offline Frank_H 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:11 PM (#6)

View PostFrank_H, on 16 May 2017 - 02:28 PM, said:

I was hoping not work on each pinned area one at a time. I was hoping that if I selected multiple pins in an area, I could then work on all of the photos that had been selected.

Frank Hahn

Something I ran across last night that needs further testing is that if there are several pinned tags in the area, as you scroll out, the pinned areas will combine. It looks to me like you can then open this combined pin and make a change to location, etc.

For example, if there are three geotag pins in close proximity and one has three photos, the second has four photos, and the third has five photos, if you scroll out far enough, these three pins will combine and show you there are 12 pictures in that pinned area.

Like I said, I ran across this last night and I need to test further.

Frank Hahn

User is online Juha 

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:32 AM (#7)

Hi Frank

Do you mean scroll (keep the scale and move the map around) or zoom (change the scale)? In zooming it works as you described, but I haven't noticed that scrolling would do the same.

-Juha

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users