Daminion Forums: Daminion 1608 suddenly stops update NEF files. - Daminion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

User is offline SergeS 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:36 PM (#1)

Daminion 1608 suddenly stops update NEF files.

I have Daminion server 1608 which i've bought previously, maintenance period has espired.
I am using it for home, to maintain family picture album, i am the one user only. Catalog is around 90K pictures.
Suddenly I have noticed tags are not writing to .NEF files anymore. There are no any error messages, from Daminion interface seems like everything is ok, but from others program (for example: adobe lightroom, synology photostation) i did not see any tags there.
Files .JPG are updated correctly.

Here is my preferences -> writing metadata screenshot: Posted Image

What could I do to fix the problem?

P.S. another problem happened on the same time - Daminion stops rotate nef files according to sensor in the camera, see screenshot: Posted Image
It may be related to the first problem, or not, but i have noticed both of them on the same time.

User is offline SergeS 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:57 PM (#2)

View PostSergeS, on 10 August 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

I have Daminion server 1608 which i've bought previously, maintenance period has espired.
I am using it for home, to maintain family picture album, i am the one user only. Catalog is around 90K pictures.
Suddenly I have noticed tags are not writing to .NEF files anymore. There are no any error messages, from Daminion interface seems like everything is ok, but from others program (for example: adobe lightroom, synology photostation) i did not see any tags there.
Files .JPG are updated correctly.

What could I do to fix the problem?

The problem was the because folder name has russian letters, renamed the folder and files are updating now.
Are there any setting to enable russian language support? Updating JPG were ok even in folder with russian letters.

User is offline Daria 

• Silver Member
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:59 AM (#3)

Hi Serge,

In the latest 1693 build, metadata of NEF files are updating no matter what folder they are located in: a folder named in Russian or in English.

However, I caught another bug with metadata writing procees in this build: the Place tag is not written automatically. One can only save it to file's metadata manually (no dependencies on file format). I've already registred this bug. #4611

Regards,
Daria

User is offline Uwe 

• Platinum Member
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:10 AM (#4)

View PostDaria, on 14 August 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

However, I caught another bug with metadata writing procees in this build: the Place tag is not written automatically. One can only save it to file's metadata manually (no dependencies on file format). I've already registred this bug. #4611

Hello Daria,
this bug is also existing in the 1682 build. I noticed it yesterday but didn't have the time to double-check it until today.
regards, Uwe

User is offline SergeS 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:51 PM (#5)

View PostDaria, on 14 August 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

In the latest 1693 build, metadata of NEF files are updating no matter what folder they are located in: a folder named in Russian or in English.

What is going to happen if I will try to update "out of maintenance period" Daminion to newer version?

User is offline Juha 

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:04 AM (#6)

Hi Daria,

what do you mean that the Place tag is not written automatically? If I update the Properties pane and click save, does it then update or do I need to issue a separate write tags to file? What if I drag the image into a place in the tags pane? Is there a way to check/compare the tags written into the image and the tag values in the database?

Juha

User is offline Wilfried 

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:19 PM (#7)

View PostJuha, on 15 August 2017 - 03:04 AM, said:

If I update the Properties pane and click save, does it then update or do I need to issue a separate write tags to file?

My understanding:
It (should) happen automatically only if you have "sync" switched on, otherwise, you manually need to select Action->Write Tags to File for each item. But are they always written completely and correctly? - I don't know. After applying many changes, it might also take some time until each image was updated. You can see the process when the green check mark at the lower left of the display turns to a rotating circle with a number on it.
Wilfried

User is offline Juha 

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:58 PM (#8)

I was referring to Daria's comment on a bug in writing Place tag, when she said "One can only save it to file's metadata manually".

-Juha

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users