Daminion Forums: Any tricks to update thumbnails after PS/LR/etc editing - Daminion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

User is offline ShadeWalker 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:42 AM (#1)

Any tricks to update thumbnails after PS/LR/etc editing

hope to see edits applied to thumbnails (Files are RAW format)
Hoping to find out if anyone has figured or found a workaround on this.

I have Daminion 5.5 (1715) Server version (Run in a single computer) with files on external hard drives.
I have the FastPictureViewer Codec Pack installed (v.3.8.0.97) <<If you don't have this, its worth skipping your mocha for two days to get it! $10! ok,,off my soapbox about that. :-P

Most of my thumbnails are viewable as is..but there are those few that were shot underexposed/overexposed/at night,etc, and need edited before I can recall what the heck I was shooting. (Some are very old..heh)

I've tried with some color/develope adjustments via lightroom/Photoshop/Picasa, and Irfanview.

The thumbnails do not update to show the changes after any of these.

I tried the info I found on this link:
https://answers.micr...2f-3837fa09a48b

No dice.

I also tried updating thumbnails thru Daminion (Cntl +B).

Anyone know if I am looking for the (Currently) impossible.?? :dash2:

Thanks!

((Daminion kicks butt!))

User is offline Uwe 

• Platinum Member
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:39 AM (#2)

Hello ShadeWalker,
maybe I'm wrong but as far as I know no program changes the original RAW, e.g. CR2 file. All adjustments (sharpness, color adjustments etc.) you made are saved as CRS tags into a XMP sidecar file. Daminion doesn't read these adjustments saved in this sidecar file except the EXIF, XMP... metadata.
The only way I know is to convert the RAW to DNG format. Then open the DNG in PS, the RAW converter appears, you adjust the DNG and finish your work without to continue in PS (PS can't save to... ->DNG). Now a CTRL-B in Daminion updates the thumbnail and you see the adjustments you made before in the RAW converter.
Regards, Uwe

User is offline ShadeWalker 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:06 AM (#3)

View PostUwe, on 12 October 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

Hello ShadeWalker,
maybe I'm wrong but as far as I know no program changes the original RAW, e.g. CR2 file. All adjustments (sharpness, color adjustments etc.) you made are saved as CRS tags into a XMP sidecar file. Daminion doesn't read these adjustments saved in this sidecar file except the EXIF, XMP... metadata.
The only way I know is to convert the RAW to DNG format. Then open the DNG in PS, the RAW converter appears, you adjust the DNG and finish your work without to continue in PS (PS can't save to... ->DNG). Now a CTRL-B in Daminion updates the thumbnail and you see the adjustments you made before in the RAW converter.
Regards, Uwe

Good info to know/try out. Will see if I can figure a batch way to do it, as the amount of files are a just a few too many to want to do the above individually..heh.

Thanks!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users