• You cannot reply to this topic

User is offline Juha 

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:15 PM (#1)

Failed to start Daminion Server

Hi!

I got a new PC and I installed Daminion Server in it, but it won't start. I get the following error message. If I click "More information", it says the specified path doesn't exist.

I have Win10/64 and my user account is connected to corporate AD/domain. I have a local Daminion account that is in the local Admin group and the account has "Logon as a Service" rights. Which settings are missing? In my previous Win7/64 PC I didn't have any issues. There I also had a corporate account and a local Daminion account.

-Juha

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: DamStartErr.png

User is offline Juha 

• Silver Member

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:58 AM (#2)

When I tried to start Daminion Server from command line I get:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Daminion Software\Daminion Server>Daminion.Server
Error init catalog: NetCatalog
System.SystemException: The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed.
   at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.TranslateToNTAccounts(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceSids, Boolean& someFailed)
   at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceSids, Type targetType, Boolean& someFailed)
   at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceSids, Type targetType, Boolean forceSuccess)
   at System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier.Translate(Type targetType)
   at Service.WCF.ServerService.DaminionService.CheckRulesEx(FileSystemRights total, WindowsIdentity identity, AuthorizationRuleCollection rules, Boolean allow) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ServerSideComponents\Service.WCF.ServerService\DaminionService.cs:line 145
   at Service.WCF.ServerService.DaminionService.GetFileSystemRights(String path) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ServerSideComponents\Service.WCF.ServerService\DaminionService.cs:line 181
   at Service.WCF.ServerService.DaminionService.CheckDirectory(String dir, EventLog log, Boolean& catchthis) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ServerSideComponents\Service.WCF.ServerService\DaminionService.cs:line 536   at Service.WCF.ServerService.DaminionService.Initialize(ServiceBase service, EventLog eventlog, String serviceName, String configPath, Boolean consoleMode) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ServerSideComponents\Service.WCF.ServerService\DaminionService.cs:line 816

-Juha

User is offline Juha 

• Silver Member

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:29 AM (#3)

Hi!

I upgraded to 1736 and started Daminion Server, while I was connected to the corporate network, and now it works! Let's see what happens when I try to restart the server when I'm home.

-Juha

User is offline Juha 

• Silver Member

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:56 PM (#4)

Unfortunately it still doesn't work at my home network. In the Event Viewer there are entries for

DaminionManagementService
Service cannot be started. System.SystemException: The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed.

at Service.WCF.ServerService.DaminionService.Initialize(ServiceBase service, EventLog eventlog, String serviceName, String configPath, Boolean consoleMode) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ServerSideComponents\Service.WCF.ServerService\DaminionService.cs:line 858
   at Service.Management.DaminionManagementService.OnStart(String[] args) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ServerSideComponents\Service.Management\DaminionManagementService.cs:line 383
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

DaminionService
   at Service.WCF.ServerService.DaminionService.Initialize(ServiceBase service, EventLog eventlog, String serviceName, String configPath, Boolean consoleMode) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ServerSideComponents\Service.WCF.ServerService\DaminionService.cs:line 858
   at Service.WCF.ServerService.DaminionService.OnStart(String[] args) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ServerSideComponents\Service.WCF.ServerService\DaminionService.cs:line 868
   at Service.WCF.ServerService.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\DaminionAuto\Code\ServerSideComponents\Service.WCF.ServerService\Program.cs:line 150

When I connect with VPN to the corporate network, then I can start Daminion Server. I can also disconnect the VPN and continue to use Daminion.

-Juha

User is offline fotofix0815 

• Pip

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:04 AM (#5)

Hi Juha,
i'm totally new with daminion and sql-databases.
i had the same problem few days ago.
Installing the Server-Edition on an new pc.
win7 with full admin rights.
firewall (windows 7 firewall control)was disabled while installation.

After Installation i tried to run the Server Panel.
In Part i got the same Error-Messages as in your screenshot.
After getting grey hairs since a couple of hours i took a look in the firewall.

While the Installation-Process there were added seven new entries in the firewall:
3 entries from postgres and 4 entries from daminion.
(I cannot specify it in the moment because my serversystem is shout down.)

All seven entries were set on "disabled"
I checked all that seven entries on "enable".
Everthing runs o.K.

I hope this will help you.
Kindly regards and best wishes for christmas.
pete

User is offline Juha 

• Silver Member

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:35 AM (#6)

Hi,

Thank you for the tip, but my issue is not firewall related. I disabled my firewall and tried to start Daminion Server but it failed. I had to setup the VPN to our corporate network to make it start.

-Juha

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users