Reputation: 0 Neutral
- Active Posts:
- 10 (0.03 per day)
- Most Active In:
- Daminion (10 posts)
- 05-May 12
- Profile Views:
- Last Active:
- Feb 17 2013 03:50 PM
- Member Title:
- 56 years old
- December 31, 1956
- Website URL:
Topics I've Started
27 September 2012 - 06:37 AMHello from France.
1. A few ideas...
- the actual database system uses one file for its main purpose and... thousands of files for thumbnails. Not really easy to backup and restore such a lot of files. Expression Media (and Media Pro) has ONE file (which contains database + thumbs) ; IDimager only TWO (one for database, one for thumbs). Would it be possible to do the same thing ?
- possibility to fully edit XMP scheme (includind, above all, tags definition). So, one can create his own tags or change - if necessary, according to IPTC rules - existing tags. Also add tags at the database. I mean : tags which exist in IPTC and are not avalaible in Daminion. For instance, location tags, not the ones from IPTC-Core (photoshop:Country, etc.) but those from IPTC Extension so-called "Location shown in image" and 'Location Detail structure" (Iptc4xmpExt: ...).
- the actuel management for customized catalog labels is poor : it is not possible to delete a catalog label when created... Just think of consequence if one enter a new personnal label with error in the name...
- creation of Web templates (HTML) and generation of Web pages (optionally but interesting).
- possibility to create and store customized workspaces (I don't like very much the actual appearance).
- possibility to hide sub tags when category is empty. For instance, I never use the 4th level of location, but Daminion show the little arrow after the 3rd level. Of course, if I click, the 4th level is empty.
- possibility to choose the maximum size for thumbnails.
Sorry if some (maybe all... ?) of these suggestions were made before. I'll certainly come back for other ideas...
- Daminion shows 6 images unsync. If I sync them by choosing "Read metadata from files to catalog", images stay unsyc. I didn't try the other way (from catalog to images).
05 June 2012 - 06:51 AM... where I recently discovered Daminion. I am looking for a DAM which is ONLY a DAM (mean : only cataloging, no options to correct photos, etc.). I am actually using IDimager (very nice) but I like to try...
Of course, Daminion needs (according to me) to be improved. Just some ideas :
- please, a french version ! (if you are looking for a translator, I can help you, I did that before),
- why "Preferences" are not avalaible ? Well, I presume it will come soon...
- some tags are not avalaible in the Catalog Tags panel. Of course, I need one of them : "Description". Description is visible in the Properties panel for each photo, but cannot be shown in the Catalog Tags. So, cannot be used for research, I suppose...
- Advanced Search is too limited. Needed : the possibility to choose AND / OR between each criteria.
I am actually just trying Daminion with app.9 000 photos coming from a slides collection. I'll certainly find other points and I'll tell you.
One last question (I'm quite sure of the answer, but...) : of course, Daminion is fully compatible with the latest EXIT/IPTC/XMP rules ?
Thank you and so long...
Le Lion 07 hasn't added any friends yet.