Discussion: Save and restore link and group relations
in the current catalog there are a lot of relations between the items: groups and links.
These relations are exsiting in special tables of the database but not in the metadata of the files "connected" by groups and/or links and not in the exported CSV file.
If I have to rebuild a new catalog I lose all these relations between the items.
- Is there anybody to be faced with this issue?
- Why did you rebuild the catalog or why do you want to rebuild the catalog?
- Can I change everything I have to do with the existing catalog and there is no need to rebuild a new one?
Do we need a function described below?
If one has to rebuild the catalog:
- One needs an export function to save these relations existing in the old catalog.
- Then there has to be an import function to restore the relations in the new catalog.
There are a lot of questions to be answered:
- What is the common identifier between items of the old and new catalog - the file name?
- What happens if the folder structure was changed?
- ... etc