Daminion Forums: Item Audit History not working - Build 1765 Standalone - Daminion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

User is offline Wilfried 

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:09 AM (#1)

Item Audit History not working - Build 1765 Standalone

After checking in an item which was previously checked out and changed externally, neither Version Control -> Undo nor Version Control -> Item Audit History works any more in Build 1765 Standalone.

Instead of the history, I get the dialog "There are no previous versions for this item". When trying Undo, after I respond to the confirmation dialog "Undo Check Out", I receive the message "xxxx.jpg: The file is already checked in.".

The folder does contain a new hidden subdirectory ~versions, which does contain the original version of the image with a modified name, as it did in the past. So the Undo can be done manually, but I did loose the comments I entered when checking in the modified item and I cannot compare the two versions easily anymore.

I just found out: It does work as expected, when I close Daminion after checking in the item and start again. So, it is only a minor glitch and good to know.

This post has been edited by Wilfried: 27 March 2018 - 09:56 AM

Wilfried

User is offline Daria 

• Silver Member
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:59 AM (#2)

Hi Wilfried,

thank you for heads-up, I've let Alex know about this glitch

Daria

User is offline Wilfried 

• Silver Member

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:05 AM (#3)

But this brought up another question:

Is there a way to search for all items having a previous version?

In Windows 10, I was not even able to search for all "~Versions" folders - probably, because they are hidden. Before I had the idea to close and restart Daminion, I tried to find an item I checked in days before, but besides remembering, I was not able to do so.

Wilfried

User is offline Wilfried 

• Silver Member

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:35 AM (#4)

One more thing:
I checked in an item, then closed the catalog without ending Daminion, opened the same catalog again and I do not see the Item Audit History. However, in this case restarting Daminion does not help anymore, even though the original version was created inside of ~Versions.

Wilfried

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users