Daminion 0.9.9 – minor update now available to download.
With the new version of Daminion you can classify your image archive library even faster, thanks to improved file/folder management, tag
presets, and many other improvements.
Improved File/Folder management
- It’s now possible to remove folders from the catalog
- Added support for drag-and-drop reordering of folder structure in the tags tree. You can now create subfolders by simply dragging and dropping one folder into another.
- Re-location of media items. If you’ve renamed or moved a file outside Daminion you can re-link the file’s new location back to Daminion. To access this option go to the “Item > Actions > Relink Item…” menu.
Assets can be annotated faster
- Added option to Copy/Paste Tags. You can now copy and paste annotations from one item to another
- Tag presets can now be assigned “on-the-fly” to importing files, i.e. during import.
- The newly added “Tag Presets” allow you to define tag presets and assign them to files.
Minor bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed a memory leak bug that restricted the number of files you could import per session to 10,000
- Deleting items from catalogs now also removes associated thumbnails from the “~Thumbs” folder
- Fixed a bug that prevented the creation of custom tags in shared catalogs
- Fixed the “checking user rights” problem that occurred during Daminion Server installation
- When switching between thumbnail pages the scroll position now moves to the top of the new page
- Changes to an item’s orientation in the Thumbnail Window are now reflected correctly in the Tray window
- Clicking on the “Add” button in the file import window now imports the active folder if no other files or folders have been selected
- Improved support for corrupted PSD images
- Improved support for TIFF images
- Added Escape hotkey to switch from “Assign Mode” to “Filter Mode” in the tags tree
- Added an option “Automatically switch to Assign Mode” that can be turned off
- Added support for reading EXIF metadata from Hasselblad RAW images
- Thumbnail rotation now reflects in the Tray window
- “Copy To” option in the “Downloader” now remembered its state
- Minor improvements to the Properties panel
- Updated German Localization (thanks to Uwe Noack)
- Updated French Localization (thanks to Reynaud Lionel)
- Improved support for PDF documents
- Improved support for NEF files edited by CaptureNX
- Improved support for reading lens info for Canon RAW files from Canon EOS 7D and 1D X
- Fixed an issue with PDF files that prevented importing Page Count and PDF Size for PDF files