Daminion 0.9.8 – minor update now available to download.
We’ve received many requests from our users to incorporate file/folder management into Daminion. So now, with the new version of the program, you can:
– Move (Drag) files to a folder
– Add sub-folders
– Rename folders
With the 0.9.8 version of Daminion you can also update (re-link) a folder’s location. For example, if you move a folder to any location outside Daminion, it’s now possible to update the folder’s location in Daminion without re-importing the whole folder. To do this, simply right click on a folder in the Tags tree and select the “Re-link folder…” option.
- Added support for offline files
- Clicking on a Read only tag in the Properties panel fires a filter by this tag
- By default, Tags for RAW files are written to the .xmp sidecars
- Image Orientation is now extracted from RAW JPEG preview (instead of the original RAW image)
- Daminion can now read metadata from RAW files that have been changed by Lightroom
- It’s now possible to specify which media formats will be imported during rescan
- We’ve added the color green to the Tags tree in “Assign Mode” – please let us know if you think it looks ugly!
- Added an option to select a tag hierarchy delimiter to improve compatibility with standalone third-party photo organizers.
- Added a “Cut” and “Paste as Sub-Tag” option to the context menu in the Tags tree.
- Added Ctrl + Ins, Shift + Ins, Shift + Del hot key support to the Properties panel.
- Assigning Tag to Items from the Tags tree context menu now switches the tree to “Assign Mode”.
- Added new 9.0.9 version of the ExifTool
- Minor improvements
- Folders are now refreshed after rescan
- Fixed a bug that was preventing IDv3 tags from being imported in some MP3 files
- Fixed a bug that was causing local catalogs to open slowly
- Photos in portrait mode that were edited in Nikon Capture NX are now correctly displayed
- Fixed a bug that was preventing metadata from saving in every 11th file
- Fixed a few bugs with Saved Query and Advanced Search
- Fixed an issue with Relative Paths for local catalogs (works with newly created catalogs, and will soon be included in the old catalog version)
- Fixed a bug that prevented tags from being written into the files when custom tags were available in the catalog and the tag names contained the Space symbol
- Fixed a bug that led to the program crashing when previewing images
- Fixed a bug that was causing Daminion to crash when new entries in the Properties panel ended with the “,” (comma) symbol
- Fixed a bug that was slowing down metadata updating in JPEG and a few other formats
- Fixed a bug when image statistics weren’t updating in tags when sub-tags were removed
- Fixed bug that was preventing images from being previewing after their thumbnails had been rotated
- Fixed an issue with cancelling image rotation progress
- Fixed a bug that was causing Daminion to crash while importing or rescanning some MOV files due to an outdated version of MediaInfo library.
- Tag changes for more than 20 files in Properties Panel is now applied when item selection is changed
- Statistics for parent tags now update correctly after removing sub-tags
- Several other bugs have been fixed
Our customer base is growing fast and we’d like to offer a 10% Christmas Discount to all new customers who purchase Daminion Server this month (January 2013)! To take advantage of this offer, please contact us before placing your order for Daminion Server.