Daminion 1.0 RC1 – minor update is now available to download. It’s now possible to stamp images with Geo coordinates and locate them visually on a map.
In addition, we’ve improved XMP metadata handling and support for video formats, added quality EPS/AI thumbnail rendering, and fixed a number of bugs.
- To stamp images with geo coordinates just select items and drag them to the Map.
- You can drop items onto an existing marker
- All markers are always visible, no matter how many files have been selected
- Search for a location
- Markers for the selected items are displayed in orange.
- The locations of existing markers can be changed using the mouse
- You can use your favorite map provider such as Google, Yahoo, Bing or Yandex
- Click on a marker to preview thumbnails of the items behind it
- Items that are located close to one another are grouped together for ease of visualization
- It’s possible to view all items assigned to a certain marker in the Thumbnail Browser
- The “Import Files” and “Rescan Folders” commands allow you to define, in one place, which media formats will be imported into the catalog.
- User-defined formats can also be imported into the catalog (Catalog > Import Filters…)
- Daminion will display a default thumbnail for these files unless you install a special Windows Explorer extension to display quality thumbnails of this files type in your Explorer window.
To add support for quality EPS/AI formats:
To add support for quality djVu thumbnails:
Display more thumbnails on the screen
You can now display more thumbnails on the screen (up to 50%) thanks to the new Compact View mode.
Improved Support for Video Files
- More video formats and codecs are now supported
- Better handling of XMP metadata in video files
- Fixed bug that was slowing down the updating of tags in the AVI format
Improved Support for XMP metadata
- Daminion now uses the new Adobe CS6 XMP Toolkit – which has had many of its bugs fixed
- Project and Client tags are now mapped to the XMP metadata
- Improved metadata compatibility with other tools. Array values now read from all mapped fields
- Improved compatibility with Lightroom and Bridge: duplicate flatten keywords and truncated IPTC keywords are not imported when reading metadata
- Now with a Spanish translation (by Jose Angel Calvo)
- Updated German Localization (by Uwe Noack and Sedat Yakisir)
- Updated French Localization (by Alain Pierre)
- Updated Polish Localization (by Mariusz Lewandowski)
- It’s possible to paste a copied tag into the root tag in the tag tree
- The full folder path is now displayed in the Properties panel
- It is no longer possible to create local catalogs on remote network locations
- Daminion doesn’t add its copyrights while editing tags
- “Read Tags from File” now reads metadata, even if the creation datetime hasn’t changed
- Tags can be sorted in the Tags tree
- Improved performance in “Full Screen” mode
- External applications can be launched with extra arguments
- Rating menu is now sorted in the ascending order
- “Move To” command can move network files to the Daminion Server by references without uploading them
- Improved quality of images in “Full screen” mode (uses Hermite filter)
- A lot of other minor improvements
- “Locate in Explorer” command now works when Client and Server are located on the same PC
- “Locate in Explorer” now works in the Folders tree also
- Fixed “AppendToCache” bug
- Fixed bug while adding items into the Tray
- Fixed bug when tags are not written into the audio files
- Fixed a bug with thumbnail rotation
- Fixed a few “Export Preview” related issues
- Fixed an issue with slow updating XMP of AVI files
- Fixed several memory leaks
- A new sidecar .xmp file is created now if a corresponding Camera RAW file doesn’t have it, and “write tags to sidecar” option is ticked.
- Fixed a bug that disconnects client from the server after canceling the thumbnail rotation process
- Fixed an error when new tags rewrite previously added tags for some video files
- Fixed an error when Daminion Client disconnects from the Server after displaying the Map panel
- Fixed a bug when when default Daminion Server ports can not be changed
- Minor bugs fixed