We are happy to announce the release of Daminion 7.8 – one of the best DAM systems for creative and production teams!
The latest update of Daminion comes with a set of significant improvements.
Restrict access to tags for different user groups
Daminion 7.8 can define what tags can be accessed by or visible to different groups of users. For example, you may want to hide some sensitive information like project details or commercial information from external users or guests. Learn more here.
Hide sensitive information in shared collections
This was one of the most frequently requested features. Now you can exclude some commercial or private information from shared collections by adjusting tag visibility. Learn more here.
Assign tag presets when importing files in the web client
Make sure that no files get into the catalog without being properly tagged by assigning tags and tag presets to the files upon the import process. This option can also be confined with Waiting Room to let the catalog moderators verify the assigned tags before letting the files into the catalog. Learn more here.
Managing tags is x10 times easier and faster than before
You can configure Daminion’s interface much faster than before. A new modern tag management window allows you to adjust a list of tags for different interface areas: Filters, Properties, and Edit Tags panels.
Improvements in Adobe Connector:
We drastically improved Adobe Connector that makes integration with Adobe Tools smooth and enjoyable.
- Added support for two different file adding schemes: files can be opened/added by network file references or a local copy of the files can be downloaded.
- Added thumbnail browser and basic search capabilities.
- Copy-Paste option is added for the InDesign documents.
- Local files used in the document can now be uploaded into the catalog along with the InDesign file.
More filtering options
In the previous versions, the AND/OR/Exact match criteria could be applied only to a subset of tags – namely, the tags that you could see in the Filters panel.
Now we expanded this list with linear tags like title, description, comment, linear custom tags, and many more. For example, find digital assets with a title that contains “room” AND “rustic” AND “wedding”
Even more, filtering capabilities.
The heart of a DAM system is quick access to all assets of the company. And we don’t stop improving this core feature. Now the AND/OR/Exact phrase match/All words search criteria are available in the quick search as well.
A brand new Daminion API with samples
Daminion can be integrated with virtually any external system beyond the scope of existing connectors. We have rewritten the Daminion API documentation and added a lot of samples to avoid a steep learning curve for developers.
Improved PDF Export in the Web client
Added more sizes, templates, and tags for thumbnail captions.
Active Directory Groups role priorities
If a user is added to more than one AD group mapped to the Daminion user roles, the role with higher permissions will be gained by the user.
Better support for video and audio
Video and audio are the major part of media archives and we made some improvements here as well:
- You can download video previews now without waiting for transcoding.
- Audio file playback is added.
- Large video files can be uploaded via the web client.
- Customizable batch download size limit (size of a zip archive).
- Added the “Copy File Path” option.
- Tags are now checked for invalid characters.
- Improved Daminion Web Client Assistant: when multiple web clients are installed and associated with the catalog, desktop applications are opened much faster now.
- WEB: Files can now be added into shared collections via Edit Tags and in the Properties panel.
- Optimization removes a video preview of a video file that was deleted from the catalog.
- Added custom XMP mapping for custom tags (via a configuration file).
- Added support for importing IPTC4Core:Contact Info (via custom tags and configuration file).
- XMP:TransmissionRef is mapped to Categories (one-way mapping: from metadata to the database).
- Import of large files is up to 2x times faster from network resources.
- Improved Face Recognition: performance, accuracy, and usability.
- Fixed a bug when files in non-public Access Control groups could be added to shared collections.
- Fixed bugs with Face recognition.
- Fixed a bug when Rescan (F6) should be run twice.
- Fixed a bug with the Relink Folder option.
- Fixed a bug with media formats exclusion filters.
- Fixed a bug when Access Control was working incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug when a video preview was not generated automatically.
- Fixed a bug when the Tags panel settings were not saved between sessions in the desktop client.
- Fixed a bug with preview generation for large TIFF files.
- Fixed a bug when a user with a current user role could not import indexed tags from files during the rescan.
- Fixed a bug when IIS virtual directories settings and access permissions got dropped during the version upgrade.
- Fixed bugs with user management in the web client: user role settings, Grant dedicated connection, and Account is Disabled are now available in the web client for the Active Directory User mapping security scheme.
You can download the Daminion 7.8 here