Before beginning auto-tagging, you must enable it in the Daminion Server Administration panel. Please follow the instructions provided in this article.
Once the feature is enabled, auto-tagging can be performed in both the Web Client and the Desktop Client.
To gain a better understanding of the concepts discussed below, please read the article explaining the difference between AI labels and AI objects.
The AI Object feature is available in version 8.1 or higher.
Auto-tagging in the Web Client
To initiate auto-tagging for your files in the Web Client, follow these steps:
- Select the desired files.
- Choose ‘Generate AI Tags’ from the drop-down menu.
It may take some time to generate tags. To check the progress and see how many files are currently in the tagging process, follow these steps:
- Open the main menu.
- Select “AI tagging progress.
As a result, AI Labels and AI Objects will be assigned to the selected files.
AI tags generation can also be launched right during the import process.
To change the language of the AI tags, go to the Settings > Integrations menu and select a language from the list.
Auto-tagging in the Desktop Client
To generate Auto-tags using the Desktop Client, select the desired files, right-click on one of them, and select ‘Generate AI Labels/AI Objects’ from the Actions menu.
The following window will appear:
To confirm, click OK, or select additional tagging options by clicking the Settings button.
The following options will be available:
AI Labels options:
1. Generate tags for unprocessed files: This option generates tags for files that have not been previously tagged with AI.
2. Generate tags for all files, including those already processed: This option tags all files, even if they have already been processed with AI tags. New tags will also be added.
3. Update tags according to Relevance Score: Tags in the file will be filtered based on their relevance score. Tags below the score will be removed. You can set the score value in the admin panel. For more information, refer to this article.
4. Do not generate tags: This option is useful if you want to assign AI Labels only or AI Objects only without generating additional tags.
AI Objects options:
The option descriptions are identical to those of the AI Labels..
You can use the checkbox to choose whether or not to translate the tags.
Check out this article on how to choose languages for translations
Please note that you can select any combination of the available options. For instance, you can generate only AI labels without translation, or update only AI object tags.
Also, keep in mind that if you select a new language for the auto-translation of tags, you should choose the options as illustrated in the screenshot below to ensure that all the tags in your catalog are translated:
Once set, go to View > Language, and select a language from the list to change the language of the AI tags.
Note: AI tag language settings are the same for the web and desktop clients.