Shared Collections is an easy way to share your digital assets with your clients and colleagues. You can share selected documents via links without having to grant access to your entire catalog or register new user accounts.
How to create a shared collection
Select one or multiple images by checking the box in the upper right corner of the thumbnail. Hold down the Shift key to select multiple files.
A little hint: If you need to select all displayed items, first select one item only, and then click Select displayed files on the toolbar.
You now have two ways to make a shared collection.
- Hover your mouse over one of the selected thumbnails, click the three dots icon and click the icon.
- Alternatively, click the three dots icon in the upper right corner of the thumbnail window and select Create Shared Collection.
Whichever way you choose, the Share Files dialog window will appear. This is where you set up the properties of your shared collection.
There is only one required field, Title, feel free to fill in the rest of them according to your requirements.
- Specify a title for the shared collection here. Please note that this is a required field.
- Add a description (optional).
- Set up public access to the collection.
- Set a password or allow password-free access to the shared files. If a collection is password-protected, people with permission to access it will be prompted to enter the password, so make sure that you provide it to them.
- Set an expiration date for the collection. Once the collection has expired, it remains visible in the Shared Collection window to the owner of the collection and the admins, but cannot be accessed externally.
- Specify whether or not the original files can be downloaded.
Once the collection preferences are selected, click “Get Link” to create a new shared collection or click “Cancel” to quit the menu.
After clicking “Get Link” you will see a window with the sharable link.
What a shared collection looks like
Your shared collections can be accessed via unique URLs created for each collection.
Depending on the collection settings, the appearance and the properties of the shared collection may differ.
The screenshot below shows our recently shared collection.
- Title and Description (if any) are displayed here.
- Download the collection as a ZIP archive (available only if Allow to Download Original was selected). You can also select two or more files and download them as a ZIP archive.
- Click the download icon on a separate file to download it (available only if Allow to Download Original was selected).
Access your shared collections
All your shared collections can be accessed by clicking the three dots icon in the upper-right corner of the interface and selecting Shared Collections.
You can manage your collections here and get their sharable links again.
Click the three dots icon on the preview icon of the shared collection to get access to be able to Edit or Delete the shared collection
How to display the contents of a shared collection
To display the contents of your shared collection in the Shared Collections window, simply click your collection thumbnail:
To remove one or multiple files from a shared collection, display the contents of the shared collection in the thumbnail area, select one or multiple files, then hover your mouse over one of the thumbnails, click the three dots icon and select Edit Tags.
In the panel that opens, display Shared Collection as a tag via the gear icon, then hover your mouse over the name of the shared collection and click the X icon.
- In order to share collections with people outside your LAN, your Daminion server must be publicly accessible. Make sure you install it on a Windows-based web hosting or use the Daminion Cloud version.
- Administrators can access and manage all shared collections.
- Editors have access only to private shared collections that they have created by themselves.
- Viewers and Guests cannot create Shared collections within Daminion.