How to backup Daminion Server
To schedule backup of your Daminion Server based media archive:
1. Download this zip archieve and unpack it to a folder.
2. Add the files/folders listed below to your backup program’s task list (for example to Windows Task Scheduler):
- Backup Daminion Catalog.bat
- Backup Daminion Settings.bat
- Backup Thumbnails.bat
- The folder Daminion Server uses to store uploaded files. This can be accessed from the Daminion Server Administration Panel Dashboard
- Any shared folders that were imported to Daminion Server without uploading
NOTE: The first bat file is configured to backup the default NetCatalog catalog only. You need to edit it to backup other catalogs.
NOTE: Please check the PostgreSQL settings in the ‘backup_config.bat’ file:
- Open the “backup_config.bat” file with Notepad
- Specify a valid path to your PostgreSQL folder
- Specify a valid port, login and password for PostgreSQL
PGAdmin from your PostgreSQL\bin folder will show you which port is used by PostgreSQL
- Double click the “Backup Daminion Catalog.bat” file to create a test dump
NOTE: Backup may take some time depending on the file size of your database.
To restore the Daminion Server catalog:
Use the Daminion Server Administration Panel (File > Restore Database…)
NOTE: The restore process may take some time depending on the file size of your database.
Daminion Server Backup Video Tutorial
In this Daminion tutorial we configure a batch file and scheduled task to run daily backups of the Daminion server catalogs to a folder.